Extermination and Removal of Cockroaches
Cockroaches eat almost anything, from food to faecal matter and carry bacteria and pathogens that are harmful to human health. Bacteria survive on cockroaches for months and are passed on whenever we eat food that has been touched by them.
Cockroaches also release allergens and have been linked to causing asthma and irritating allergies.
There are three common types of cockroaches found in homes around the Lake Macquarie, Newcastle and Hunter regions: the Oriental, American and German cockroaches.
Bolstered Building and Pest Services are experts in exterminating them all.
The American cockroach has shown a marked attraction to alcoholic beverages, especially beer.
To exterminate cockroaches from Newcastle homes Bolstered Pest Services & Property Inspections conducts a thorough search of the area to identify all their hiding holes and uses specialised treatments to get rid of them.
Obscure facts about cockroaches:
- Cockroaches have been around since the time of the dinosaurs.
- Cockroaches are cold-blooded insects meaning they can live almost a month without food.
- A cockroach can live a week without water.
- Some female cockroaches only mate once and stay pregnant for life.
- A cockroach can live for up to one week without its head.
- Cockroaches can hold their breath for up to 40 minutes.
- Cockroaches can run up to 4 kms an hour.